Agriculture Technology Information Centre
The Agricultural Technology Information Centre (ATIC) is a single window support system linking the
various units of research institution with both the intermediary users and end users (farmers) with
decision making and problem solving exercise. Considerable farm worthy technologies have been developed in
various institutions in the form of knowledge, technologies, seed, planting materials and publications.
These will be of use only when they are put in to practice by the end user and ATIC facilitates in
fulfilling their needs. This also will help in providing agri-business and development of entrepreneurship
in frontier technology. The ATICs were established under NATP during IX plan with necessary infrastructure
and working contingency with the following Mandate.
- To provide a single window delivery system for agricultural information as well
as products and technologies developed by the Research Institute with a view to deliver quality
services to the clientele.
- To strengthen the farm advisory services by adopting a multi disciplinary
approach to problem solving.
- To provide mechanism for feedback from the end users to the research system.
- To function as a repository of agricultural information pertaining to farming
skills and practices, farm inputs and agricultural education.
- To offer consultancy services to the different stakeholders in the state.
- To offer training to unemployed youth to equip them to become job providers,
rather than job seekers as part of the NABARD project.
The management of the ATIC is vested with three major committees.
- Site Management committee vested with the highest policy as far as management of
ATIC with head of the research institute as the chairman and ATIC manager as the member secretary.
- High Power committee having the responsibility of taking important decisions on the
construction works of ATIC building.
- Site committee vested with the responsibility of looking after the day-to-day
progress of the construction.
This directorate is monitoring ATIC activities at ten institutes distributed in the states of
Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu as detailed below.
||P.0 Kudlu, Kasaargod, Pin-671 124, Phone-04994–232894
||Post Box No. 1603, Ernakulam North P.O., Kochi-682 018, Phone-0484-2394357
||CIFT Junction, Willingdon Island, Matsyapuri P.O., Cochin-682 029,
||Marikunnu P.O., Kozhikode, Kerala, India-673012, Phone-0495-2730704
||Hassaraghatta, Lakeport, Bangalore-560089, Phone-080-28466420-423
||Mannuthy, Thrissur-680 651, Phone-0487-2371340
||Krishi Nagar, Dharwad-580 005, Phone-0836-2447792
||GKVK, Bangalore 560 065, Phone-080-23625411